View Poll Results: Which photos get your vote? Vote for one Portrait and one Landscape entry.

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Portrait: Grampy - DavidWare

5 31.25%
  • Portrait: Emu - Raid

0 0%
  • Portrait: Double Trouble - jerrytech1

6 37.50%
  • Portrait: The Lookout - Jayson

2 12.50%
  • Portrait: Deceased Japanese Beetle - Joel Eade

1 6.25%
  • Landscape: Sunrise - David Ware

2 12.50%
  • Landscape: Manistee Lighthouse - conropl

12 75.00%
  • Landscape: Wildflowers at Sunshine Meadows - Jonathan Huyer

0 0%
  • Landscape: Avalanch Lake - bgood

2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 - Image of the Week #31

2014 - Image of the Week #31

This entry period for Week 31 will be from Monday July 28th through/including Sunday August 3rd.

Only two categories of images will be judged:

Portraits -- Anything with eyes; people or animals
    Landscape -- Country, town, city, sea, abstract, things (water drops, smoke, flowers, candles, and so on)

Each category will have a single winner each week. This week will be judged by nvitalephotography.

Please supply a title for your image and which category it is entering. Enter as many times as you would like, old or new images.

Good luck!!

Hey guys, I have internet back! I'll throw a couple into this contest.

Here is my Grandfather on his 88th birthday.
    "Grampy"

Here is the sunrise at Odiorne Point, June 11th, 2014
    "Sunrise"

Yesterday a storm rolled in with high winds and lots of rain. It died out before sunset, so I headed to the lake to check out the sunset over Lake Michigan. I was not disappointed. The wind was still whipping up, and the sun dipped below the clouds just before disappearing at the horizon. A wave popped up in front of the sun on this one... which actually helped the exposure. My legs got pretty well sandblasted while standing in the water, but I walked away with a lot of keepers. I hope you enjoy.

Manistee Lighthouse - 5444 (7-37-2014)- by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Wow Pat that is positively brilliant. I really love how you return to this place throughout the year, and capture it in a unique way every time. This one really hits it out of the ballpark. Not that I want to unduly influence the judges .... this thread always collects excellent entries!

That is an absolutely incredible shot. Here I was thinking mine would be tough to beat :P

Already a tough one to judge...amazing

Thanks guys. Nature did the work. It was more an endurance test for me... the sand was drifting pretty good - it looked like blowing snow on the beach. Everyone else were sitting in there cars taking pictures and watching the idiot standing down at the lake try to hold his equipment down.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

SHUT IT DOWN. Contest over with that insanely artistic work by Pat. It's hard to stop looking at that photograph. I've commented on Flickr that the wave on the right looks just like a japanese painting of a wave. Kudos!

Haven't posted in a while, but I have to say I love that shot by Pat. That's what I wish all of my ocean shots would look like, but they never do

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Ruyle View Post
    Haven't posted in a while, but I have to say I love that shot by Pat. That's what I wish all of my ocean shots would look like, but they never do
    ...Great to see you are still out there....