Thread: Another attempt at some product-esque photography.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another attempt at some product-esque photography.

Just got this new knife in the mail, and before it gets used and dirty and scratched up, I decided to take some pictures of it while it was still brand new.

Nice pictures, and very sharp, but maybe you could use a surface that is not scratched up either? Or perhaps go for a surface that is even more "beaten up"? The sharpness of your images reveal quite a few scratches in the bench (is it some kind of wood imitation (laminate, we call it in Norway)? Also, in the last, I can see traces of fingerprints in the clip (just under the D). But now, I'm being too pickish, perhaps.
    Lars

It is a laminate table, and I agree, it was a bit scratched up, but it was the only interesting background I had available to me at the time. I should have scratched it up more but I am sure my roommate wouldn't have appreciated me doing that to her coffee table

Great shots David! I'd would want to see more highlights to give it some shape and have cleaned the knife to lessen the lint or those white fibers on it.

Having something new is always a nice thing for doing some product photography shots.
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com