I've been shooting with a T2i and 17-55 2.8 for the past few years. I'm trying to move towards more professional type gigs (just something to do on the side, I have another career that I have no intention of leaving) and I'm thinking about my upgrade path. I'll be shooting a wedding next fall and have had a few people ask me to do portrait sessions. I also have shot a few crossfit competitions. The T2i is just not cutting it for me for those situations. Really need cleaner high ISO and better autofocus. I also like to do landscapes so that will be a consideration too.

I just picked up a refurb 70-200 2.8 IS II to get me started. I'll probably buy a 5DIII early next year (unless there's more talk that a 5DIV is imminent).

So I am really debating on where to go from there. I'd like one of the 16-35 variations (seems 2.8 would be better for events, but 4 would be better for landscapes). Then I was debating between a 24-70 2.8 or one of the 50mm variations (canon 1.2L or 1.4 or sigma 1.4 art). I can't afford to do it all at once, so one thought was to get the 16-35 and then the cheaper 50 1.4 to fill in the gap until I can get the 24-70.

Sorry for the long rambling post, but any thoughts would be appreciated.