Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: 7d ii

Quote Originally Posted by Photog82 View Post
    My body will be arriving tomorrow. I was able to get them to upgrade me to free overnight to compete with Adorama.
    Was yours kit or body?
    I preordered mine the day it was announced.

So, I'd say ISO 6400 is good enough to use for full sized images, whereas with the 7D, I'd tend to limit myself to ISO 800-1600. ISO 12800 and 16000 are easily usable for web-sized shots. How much this changes when using a proper RAW converter instead of in-camera JPG, remains to be seen.

These are straight from camera, a bit of a crop on Bran's image (the black one), default camera settings. Both with the kit 18-135mm STM.

7DmkII - ISO6400 by namethatnobodyelsetook, on Flickr

7DmkII - ISO6400_2 by namethatnobodyelsetook, on Flickr
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

These two from the 24-70, straight from the camera.

7D mark II - ISO 12800 by namethatnobodyelsetook, on Flickr

7D mark II - ISO 16000 by namethatnobodyelsetook, on Flickr
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Was yours kit or body?
    I preordered mine the day it was announced.
    Body only and I ordered it within the hour of it being available to pre-order. I had called B&H first thing this morning to upgrade the shipping. I'm looking forward to getting to know the camera this weekend just in time for a wedding on the 8th.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    These two from the 24-70, straight from the camera.
    The dog looks really good on the ISO 16000 one, but the background is a little iffy. However, it is the in-focus subject that matters more. Impressive.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Body only and I ordered it within the hour of it being available to pre-order. I had called B&H first thing this morning to upgrade the shipping. I'm looking forward to getting to know the camera this weekend just in time for a wedding on the 8th.
    I like B&H great return policy and prices but when you have to talk to an individual you get bad info.

This evening mine shipped.

I talked to a Rep in chat this afternoon and he tells me it will not ship till the 3rd. I was going to ask for a next day upgrade because of Adorama's offer also. I didn't bother because they tell me it will not ship till Monday. It would have been nice to have it this weekend.

So far I am really enjoying the new camera. I plan to take it out this weekend and test it out as well as some portraits. The only complaint that I have so far is the zoom buttons, it'll take some time to get used to the new method to zoom. I did notice that my Sigma Art 1.4 is having focusing problems on this camera, I'm going to have to test it out a little more but I hope this isn't the norm as I use this a lot for portraits.
    --

So far I am really enjoying the new camera. I plan to take it out this weekend and test it out as well as some portraits. The only complaint that I have so far is the zoom buttons, it'll take some time to get used to the new method to zoom. I did notice that my Sigma Art 1.4 is having focusing problems on this camera, I'm going to have to test it out a little more but I hope this isn't the norm as I use this a lot for portraits.
    The 7DII quite likely has the same feature as on other recent bodies, where you can configure the Set button to zoom to 100% at the AF point selected for the shot, then zoom out/in with the main dual. I far prefer that to a bunch of button presses.

Hard for Sigma to reverse engineer the AF system of a camera before launch. That's a downside/risk with 3rd party lenses. If it's a bona fide issue, Sigma should have a firmware update for the lens at some point.

It seems to be a problem more so inside when the lighting isn't as bright which is the whole point of buying this lens. I really hope that this can get resolved.
    --

I like Rick's thread and will leave it for those that actually own the camera. Just wanted to point out that dxomark has posted their review. I do not pay attention to the single "sensor score" and they are never particularly kind to Canon. But I do look at the individual measurements.

From what I see, a lot of similarities to the 70D sensor. At low ISO, signal to noise ratio, tonal range and color sensitivity are the same. The 7DII does begin to pick up ~1/3 stop at higher ISOs. The dynamic range of the 7DII is better for almost the entire ISO range tested by about 1/2 stop.

That said, it is very similar to other crop sensor cameras out there. Comparing it to the Nikon 7100 and Sony 5100, noise and tonal range are almost identical. Especially the Nikon and Sony have higher DR at low ISO, but they even out quickly and by ISO 1600 the 7DII and Sony are essentially identical. The Nikon continuous to hold a ~1 stop advantage. Color sensitivity, the Nikon/Sony hold a 2/3-1 stop advantage.

All that said, the images coming in with the 7DII seem better than that too me. So, I am interested to keep hearing how others are finding the camera. Plus, you can not discount non-sensor aspects of photography.