Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 7d ii

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Just use DPP 4.0 It works quite well.
    Actually I have been disappointed with DPP and the 7D II. There is not much head room for improvement and I am not sure if it is the camera or DPP. If it is the camera it does say quit a bit about the 7D II's in camera performance, but I am hoping that when LR does an update I am able to improve with RAW files.

Quote Originally Posted by peety3 View Post
    One option, though tedious, is to use DPP to convert CR2 to TIFF, then "start" your workflow (using TIFFs instead of CR2). Added complexity, but you keep the control you're used to having and you haven't thrown away any bits in the process.
    Great minds think alike: that's exactly how I do the workflow with DPP. I don't bother with any of the DPP features, except to open the TIFF.

I don't have a 7DII but with the 1DX DPP 4.0 does very well. I like the color rendition and noise control a little better than ACR.

It has a set of adjustments and sliders very similar to ACR and, to me, it seems to work very well.

Arthur Morris has been having good results using it with the 7DII......www.birdsasart.com

Quote Originally Posted by peety3 View Post
    One option, though tedious, is to use DPP to convert CR2 to TIFF, then "start" your workflow (using TIFFs instead of CR2). Added complexity, but you keep the control you're used to having and you haven't thrown away any bits in the process.
    Yes....that is how I use ACR as well....just to make some basic adjustments then convert to a 16 bit tiff then on to Photoshop CC.

Have just been reading the review below and it's very interesting (if somewhat challenging at times).

http://www.clarkvision.com/reviews/e...on-canon-7dii/

It's sad that we lost Daniel to the dark side.
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

Thanks for the link. Compare it also with the data at sensorgen, and the 7DII sensor has made some nice improvements. Quantum Efficiency is up to 59%, much lower read noise at lower ISOs, and low noise from thermal dark current.