Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 7d ii

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Too much to hope for spot metering to be being tied to the auto-focus point?
    Last edited by Rocco; 09-15-2014 at 02:46 PM.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Too much to hope for metering being tied to the auto-focus point?
    Yep, too much to hope for. Spot metering uses center focus point.

Just hit me that the camera won't be available until November. Dangit. I suppose I'll have to use my orig. 7D at a couple of upcoming weddings (as a second camera to my 5D III).

Rick....off of Scott Kelby's video.

"Brand new 20.2 MP sensor...."

Then at B&H, as Rocco said, they specifically say it is not the same sensor at the 70D.

...of course, "Brand new" could just be minor changes to the 70D sensor.
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 09-15-2014 at 02:28 PM.

An offhand comment on the bhphoto press release. (already linked) There's a video at the top. Of course it's just an overview, so he doesn't go into many specifics.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Looks like an incredible value. I'm really stunned that it's priced under $2k. I would think this might dig into 1Dx sales. Cannot wait for Bryan's review.
    Mark - Flickr

According the these guys, http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-7d-mark-ii , spot metering is linked to AF point (see the comparison table).
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    According the these guys, http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-7d-mark-ii , spot metering is linked to AF point (see the comparison table).
    Oh please let it be true!! You just made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    From all the official material I've seen, I must say - I believe DPReview is incorrect. From the spec sheet, "(3) Spot metering (approx. 1.8% viewfinder at centre)"

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    From all the official material I've seen, I must say - I believe DPReview is incorrect. From the spec sheet, "(3) Spot metering (approx. 1.8% viewfinder at centre)"
    After my initial excitement I did some looking around and came to the same conclusion. It's a shame, really.

Another review.

Was intrigued, apparently they were assured that the sensor was all new and "built from the ground up." Also, new microlenses. Also it appears that HDR mode was called "adjustable dynamic range"

And CNET and some cool shots from Canon Europe.
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 09-15-2014 at 03:09 PM.