Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 7d ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Was just going to post that! According to the video on the page, it is in fact a new sensor... Anxiously awaiting a review from Bryan!
    Rocco, where did you see this? I watched the video CR posted and didn't see a video on TDP.

The release said this In addition, the EOS 7D Mark II is the second EOS DSLR camera to incorporate Canon's innovative Dual Pixel CMOS AF system for rapid and precise focusing of video as well as still images.

Rick....off of Scott Kelby's video.

"Brand new 20.2 MP sensor...."

Then at B&H, as Rocco said, they specifically say it is not the same sensor at the 70D.

...of course, "Brand new" could just be minor changes to the 70D sensor.
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 09-15-2014 at 02:28 PM.

An offhand comment on the bhphoto press release. (already linked) There's a video at the top. Of course it's just an overview, so he doesn't go into many specifics.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Looks like an incredible value. I'm really stunned that it's priced under $2k. I would think this might dig into 1Dx sales. Cannot wait for Bryan's review.
    Mark - Flickr

According the these guys, http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-7d-mark-ii , spot metering is linked to AF point (see the comparison table).
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    According the these guys, http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-7d-mark-ii , spot metering is linked to AF point (see the comparison table).
    Oh please let it be true!! You just made my day.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Another review.

Was intrigued, apparently they were assured that the sensor was all new and "built from the ground up." Also, new microlenses. Also it appears that HDR mode was called "adjustable dynamic range"

And CNET and some cool shots from Canon Europe.
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 09-15-2014 at 03:09 PM.

That lever around the joystick! Great feature.

I'm more interested in how well that new AF system tracks BIF and high ISO performance compares to the 1D X. Overall an impressive camera! Seems like yesterday when I was drooling at the Original 7D.

Everything looks good and I have it in the basket to buy at B&H, at $1799 its not to bad.

Here is what bothers me, I see where it says you have an expanded ISO.
    But no mention of improved noise reduction. Normally Canon throws hints out but I do not see anything that tells me I will now be able to shoot at a higher ISO than the old 7D. Did the 70D have improvement in that area?