Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 7d ii

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Everything looks good and I have it in the basket to buy at B&H, at $1799 its not to bad.

Here is what bothers me, I see where it says you have an expanded ISO.
    But no mention of improved noise reduction. Normally Canon throws hints out but I do not see anything that tells me I will now be able to shoot at a higher ISO than the old 7D. Did the 70D have improvement in that area?
    That's why I'm waiting for some reviews. And after our recent trip where we walked miles every day, I'm serious considering a lighter rig for travel. Maybe the Fujifilm X-T1 or some such thing.
    Mark - Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    That's why I'm waiting for some reviews. And after our recent trip where we walked miles every day, I'm serious considering a lighter rig for travel. Maybe the Fujifilm X-T1 or some such thing.
    That was my thought with the 7D II, decrease size and weight from the 1D IV.

The max native range of the 7D was ISO 6400. 7DII is 16,000. I believe that is meant to imply that we have ~1.3 stop improvement of usable ISO. I do wonder if that will be jpg, as I would be very surprised if they achieved that with RAW.

But, to answer your question, yes, the 70D did have better noise performance according to DXO

Name:  70D to 7D noise.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  79.6 KB

About ~1/3 stop better? But, the more I hear, I am not expecting the "70D" sensor in the 7D II. It sounds like several of those that were able to preview the 7DII asked about the sensor and were told it is all new, built from the ground up. I am, guardedly, encouraged.
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 09-15-2014 at 07:57 PM.

Saw mention of the f/8 AF on center point. Is that confirmed? For those of us on a budget it would be really nice to use AF with a 2X teleconverter on an f/4 lens.

When the 1D X was released part of the improvement with noise reduction they advertised was in camera and could have been duplicated in PP. A portion was not.
    I suppose it will be the same here.

But.....

I already hit the pre-order button. If it doesn't pan out I will give it to my brother like I did with my old 7D. He is due for an upgrade and Christmas is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
    Saw mention of the f/8 AF on center point. Is that confirmed? For those of us on a budget it would be really nice to use AF with a 2X teleconverter on an f/4 lens.
    The release says f/8 so it probably is. Is it confirmed in actual use......

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    According the these guys, http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-7d-mark-ii , spot metering is linked to AF point (see the comparison table).
    From all the official material I've seen, I must say - I believe DPReview is incorrect. From the spec sheet, "(3) Spot metering (approx. 1.8% viewfinder at centre)"

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    From all the official material I've seen, I must say - I believe DPReview is incorrect. From the spec sheet, "(3) Spot metering (approx. 1.8% viewfinder at centre)"
    After my initial excitement I did some looking around and came to the same conclusion. It's a shame, really.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

I'm going to call B&H tomorrow and ask for more information on the new battery, it's very pricey- I usually like to have an extra one on hand when shooting events.
    --

Just been going through the Canon Digital Learning Center articles and I'm impressed with the new view finder. I always found myself having to look through the viewfinder, then put on my glasses and back to the top display, now it's all in one.

http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/resou...ewfinder.shtml
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss