Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: 7d ii

Quote Originally Posted by Photog82 View Post
    Body only and I ordered it within the hour of it being available to pre-order. I had called B&H first thing this morning to upgrade the shipping. I'm looking forward to getting to know the camera this weekend just in time for a wedding on the 8th.
    Either mad props or best of luck to you. I bought my first 1Dx 13 months ago, and I don't know the AF system 100% yet, nor am I disciplined enough to go into the menus as conditions change and make adjustments (let alone the RIGHT adjustments). I know it's tough to leave a new camera at home, but do consider going with what you know, as the new toy might give you some surprises your clients won't like.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Sigh... My battery grip arrived today. Sure wish I had a body to attach it to...

My 7D Mark II arrives later today - along with cloudy skies, 30 MPH winds and temps falling into the 20's by evening...sigh. Not ideal conditions for outdoor shooting, but I'll be out there trying it out anyway.

Speaking of batteries, leaving the GPS enabled is a lot like leaving your car lights on overnight.
    By morning, the battery is pretty much dead....

Quote Originally Posted by shutterdown View Post
    Speaking of batteries, leaving the GPS enabled is a lot like leaving your car lights on overnight.
    By morning, the battery is pretty much dead....
    I've been leaving GPS disabled unless I really want it enabled for a specific purpose. I imagine that's how I'm going to use it, typically speaking...

It sure has been a long delay for the camera raw update for the 7DII. I remember Adobe updating cameras within a few days of their release, but it seems like the 7DII is taking much longer.

I'm not sure what the delay typically is... this is actually my first *new* camera. T1i was refurb. 7D was used from local another dog photographer who upgraded to a 5D3. 1Ds2 was used from Adorama. The wait is infuriating.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Just use DPP 4.0 It works quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Just use DPP 4.0 It works quite well.
    I have been using it, but sparingly. It's not Adobe CR, though. ACR is far more versatile and the controls are much better.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterdown View Post
    I have been using it, but sparingly. It's not Adobe CR, though. ACR is far more versatile and the controls are much better.
    One option, though tedious, is to use DPP to convert CR2 to TIFF, then "start" your workflow (using TIFFs instead of CR2). Added complexity, but you keep the control you're used to having and you haven't thrown away any bits in the process.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.