Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 70d and 60d, questions

This video explain, accurately, what are the problems and at what aperture they went out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA6JnzYSDJE

It is a very accurate description of the problem.

Actually for me, i didn't have any lens (and i'm not thinking to buy one) with aperture < 2.8, so it seems that i should'nt encounter the problem
    Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Jamsus

Quote Originally Posted by jamsus View Post
    This video explain, accurately, what are the problems and at what aperture they went out:

It is a very accurate description of the problem.
    The problem was the person who posted the video had a defective camera. Some time after he posted the video, he posted the following update on his blog/review site. The link I had to that update no longer shows the update...his review/blog earns him income, I suppose a report of a problem generates more hits than admitting his camera was merely defective.

"I sent my 70D into the Canon Service center and now have it back. They responded that image sensor was incorrect and electronic adjustments were made. I have just started preliminary testing and can say that the difference between live view and viewfinder sharpness is still noticeable and sometime significant but seems to be almost completely corrected with AF Micro Adjustments – something that was not possible before."

Jamsus

Finally i choosed the 60D, and today i got it. Thanks everyone for the discussion - i keeped the extra 300€ of difference from the 70D for future lens shopping.

The camera is really beatiful, i was really excited and the felt in my hands was superbe.

If the weather will go better, from tomorrow i will start to use it!

Thanks again

Jamsus

And thanks to digital-picture itself, i learned pretty everything on this website resources

Jamsus

Just curious on how your 60D feels after you've tried it a few times. Anything you miss, or feel could be better? Any regrets or second thoughts?

Lars

Lars, i just feel... satisfied! And happy too. The camera is big, like my hands. The commands are in the right place, really... maybe i'm limited and i'm learning as a photographer but i just feel okay with this camera, really, i don't need anything else (now) by a camera. Maybe one day i'll choose a full frame, but for aps-c format 60D is right what i wanted
    Last edited by jamsus; 11-02-2014 at 09:12 PM.

Jamsus