Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
While the thought of winning something inexpensive, like an EF200-400 1.4 would force me to enter more often. I think you, Sean, Denise, Bill, Bob, Neuro, Kayaker, Piok, Dave, Jonathan, Pat etc. would win most times (and deservedly so). I don't know what the laws are in the US but here competitions (involving money and/or prizes) are strictly regulated to stop scams. So this may well introduce a lot of work for Byran and others who run the site.

Some would say that the competition on this site (by those with talent) is intimidating, preventing others from posting, well that's always going to happen. I don't enter competitions very often, the last time I entered I didn't get any votes, this didn't bother me at all. The shot from Pat was just incredible, so he had to win.

http://community.the-digital-picture...ead.php?t=7773

What I like most about Assignments and keeps me coming back, is that gem of a shot that's makes me think "Maybe one day I could do that".
I think the rules could be set to encourage a diverse group of entires and limit the chances of just a small number of people winning too frequently. You could even have a category for new members or first time posting etc....

I agree the assignments and images of the week are fun to see because you get a glimpse of other photographer's vision and technique. It is a valuable learning experience. I just thought some simple prizes or recognition might be a motivational tool that would help increase forum participation.