Thread: Anyone know if you can get the Canon 6D (N) in the US?

Anyone know if you can get the Canon 6D (N) in the US?

For those who don't know, Canon makes two versions of their 6D, the N, and the WG.

The WG is the standard model that includes both GPS and WiFi capabilities. The N is the version without those features, apparently aimed at markets where GPS and WiFi are not available to the general public for whatever reason.

Anyways, a friend of mine is looking to upgrade to full frame and I was talking to her about the 6D instead of the 5D3 because she has a much tighter budget than I do, and I remembered that I saw mention of the N a while back. Just did a little bit of quick research and was unable to find out if I could get one in the US for a cheaper price than a regular 6D.

So, I am asking you guys if you know if it is possible to get one here in the States, bonus points if it comes kitted with the 24-105L.

Not from an Authorized Dealer, which leaves mainly eBay. Something else to consider is that if there's a problem with the camera, Canon USA may not service it.

If you can find it, I doubt it will be cheaper. It will likely be the same price (but that's just a guess).

Hmmm, I was under the impression that it would be cheaper without those bells and whistles, that's a shame.

That may very well be countered by it being a special model on that market, where the WG version is the standard issue.