So, I received my 24-105 a few days ago.

First Thoughts,

... I love this thing. This is only my second lens to ever have IS, and I can honestly say I didn't know what I was missing. Framing is easier, I can get shots of still subjects in lower light that I couldn't get before.

The lens is sharp, and since it was refurbished I got a new Canon Pinch Lens Cap.

The extra 30mm or so on the long end over the 24-70 I have used more than I thought already. I had the opportunity to do some Physician portraits at the end of the week, and shot them all at 105mm. I was using off camera speedlights to light the images and was shooting f8-f11, so no real advantage was to be found if I had used my 24-70 (for the aperture i mean), but once again, the IS just seemed to make framing and really nailing the focus so much easier.

The image sharpness, the color, the contrast were all terrific. The difference in my short experience between these qualities when compared to the same on the 24-70 are essentially equivocal.

I can't say enough about how happy I am that I got this lens. There is a reason Bryan's review said "if I[Bryan] had only one lens, this would be the one." I am in the same boat. It just does so much.

Bonus: Wife said I can keep the 24-70.... Just in case.