Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: While you are shooting...

Re: While you are shooting...

To answer Bill W, i listen to music while shooting sports sometimes but mainly while taking walks by myself and i listen to the most inspiring music or calming music when ijust want to be alone. I losten to Explosionsin the Sky look them up their inspiring at least. But i get inspired by what photography does for me and seeing the results of someone elses work or my own. I love the self epresseon and places it takes me.

the music mutes the outside wors and leaves me peaceful and able to think and observe beauty in ordinary things.

Quote Originally Posted by mpphoto12
    I losten to Explosionsin the Sky

I don't typically listen to music when I shoot, but I would have to agree with mpphoto12. Explosions in the sky is an amazing group.

Ever heard of Sigur Ros or Neverending White Lights? Also very good chill music. Sigur Ros is in an Icelandic language though so you cant understand thelyrics.

For some reason I never really listen to music unless I am playing it or learning to play it. Maybe that is why I am only a mediocre musician. I guess I never really wanted to pay for it? As far as inspiring my photography. I just love it. I seem to experience the world in photographs as though I have my eye to the viewfinder all the time and I am just waiting for the right moment and composition to *click*

I guess I love the moment that you envision a shot and then you get it, just as you want it. I am also inspired by God; since I believe He created the Earth and the universe for His and our pleasure, I enjoy that much more the process of documenting it.

I don't know if it's inspiration so much as an obsessive need to try to capture things that catch my attention. I take a lot of pictures that many other people probably find very boring, like pictures of soap, or a rubber duck, or a rubber duck on soap. I was working at a client's house, getting a plasma screen mounted and updating the automation system, and I remarked to the client, "Hey, that's really nice light hitting those low voltage trim rings." He laughed, and I think he thought I was joking.

I don't listen to music when taking pictures. I'm horrible with cords. I once took pictures while driving and on the phone. It was kind of a serious, relationship kind of conversation, so I got a little bit of crap for that. Weren't even good shots.

Steven got it. []

It depends on what kind of pictures I am taking. If i am shooting birds... I like complete silence, else the birdie might just get scared of Prince's tunes (). While shooting portrait, I like to talk with the subject, go back and forth with ideas. Sometimes, the subject come up with excellent poses. Other than that, I dont think i need more inspiration than holding a DSLR with a nice lens attached to it.

"It's an inspiration in itself!" - Dev Salvi

Cheers!

Dev