Thread: Assignment #72 Facial Expressions--Companion Thread

Assignment #72 Facial Expressions--Companion Thread

This thread is intended for people to ask questions, provide thoughts and guidance in support of the Assignment #72.

I'm confused...why not just post in the other thread? Or are you trying to keep the other one as just image submissions
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sambisu/

5DIII, T2i, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L II, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, 600EX-RT x2

Quote Originally Posted by sambisu View Post
    I'm confused...why not just post in the other thread? Or are you trying to keep the other one as just image submissions
    It can work both ways. By no means do I think we should discourage discussion within the assignment thread itself and limit it to submissions only, but, at least my thought, is that having a dedicated thread might make it more conducive to discussing the assignment. In the poll on the assignment thread, a majority voted for this companion thread, so this is the first time trying it out. I think it is worth a try. Some assignments may prompt more discussion. Others, less.

When I saw this assignment I immediately thought of this shot:

Andrew on a Bench by NFLD Stephen, on Flickr

This is from over a year ago and I believe I've posted it here before, so I'm posting in the discussion thread since I don't think this meets the spirit of the assignments in getting out to take more shots. Honestly, anyone with kids should have plenty of opportunity for interesting facial expressions. I look forward to seeing more of the submissions.

Stephen

Stephen....an absolute classic.

Stephen, that is a great photo. I have a ton from the archives that I wish I could submit, but am going to try and get something new. Here were a couple from a slip and slide episode this summer. I parked at the end of a road to see what they would do. Funny how the youngest had no clue what he was about to do. Tried to tell him to not run on the slide. . Took these with the 7D, 85mm @ f/2.0.