Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like I am going to be getting the 100-400L II a lot sooner than I expected.

That is rather frustrating, I wonder why they havent come out with a date yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidWare View Post
    That is rather frustrating, I wonder why they havent come out with a date yet.
    Authorized dealers probably have to accept a lot of terms & conditions from vendors to be an authorized dealer. One of those terms is probably "don't announce ship dates until first customer shipment", and possibly "we'll tell you when to ship, and you can't announce ship dates until we tell you it's OK to ship".
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

I would guess that an "I don't know" response is easier to deal with than the customer backlash for setting false expectations. Imagine the B&H customer service center on the 13th, and 14th, if they do not start shipping product on the 12th.
    There is beauty in simplicity.

1DX | 16-35L II | 24-70L II | 50/1.2L | 70-200/2.8L IS II | 100L Macro | 100-400L II | 300/2.8L IS II | 1.4x III TC | 2x III TC | 580EX II | MT-24EX | lots of stuff

That makes sense. Got an email today saying it was backordered, booooooooooo.

Oh Adorama, what a tease you are. Sent me an email saying my order was on the way, and I go and check and it's just all the little addons they bundled with it and not the lens itself.

Did you order those extras separately, or were they one of those Adorama bundles where you get the lens + UV + cleaning solution? Because, if it was one of their bundles, and they've shipped you all the extras it makes it more complicated to cancel if you find the lens elsewhere, while waiting for them to restock.

Once it ships, keep an eye out at smaller stores. Often companies will send *some* stock to each store, even if it's just one or two copies, with the majority of the stock going to the major retailers... When everyone else goes to the major retailers, just to see that they're sold out, you can sneak into a small shop and walk out with a shiny new lens.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Crutchfield shows it in stock. They are smaller for camera compared to B&H and others. Pictures are out of date, but description and pricing match. I believe they just added it to the site today. My understanding is they are authorized dealer. I have used them for years for electronics.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_280E1H4...SM.html?tp=279
    Last edited by EricPvpi; 12-12-2014 at 10:44 PM.

It was one of their bundles, yes. And I am okay with waiting because I like the way Adorama does business. They have never done me wrong before.

Looks like Adorama has started shipments! Hopefully yours is on its way to you, David.
    There is beauty in simplicity.

1DX | 16-35L II | 24-70L II | 50/1.2L | 70-200/2.8L IS II | 100L Macro | 100-400L II | 300/2.8L IS II | 1.4x III TC | 2x III TC | 580EX II | MT-24EX | lots of stuff

I got all the goodies from the bundle, but no lens yet, and all the money for it is still in my account. I haven't received any emails saying it's off backorder yet either.