Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Day Out

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    Auto off is a great idea. But for me, 60 seconds is too fast. For example, if it takes a couple of minutes to pose kids for a portrait, I can't just push the transmitter button and snap. 3-5 minutes would be better, ideally it would be user selectable, you can program so many other things... Conversely, the receiver doesn't seem to shut itself off ever, so if you forget you may find the battery dead next time.
    Agreed. I was talking about the reciever having an auto-shut off since the battery on the Vello reciever is the one that is a pain to change out. That is the good part of the Vello - the transmitter will turn off, but a quick bump of the shutter button and it is back on. The reciever has a longer shut off (something like 5-10 minutes).
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    Which hähnel remote? .
    The HRC 280, and there are no smarts in it. It seems to permanently have the camera shutter in Half Press.

I spent most of today trying to get the shot image to be displayed while continuously shooting, but still no luck.
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    The HRC 280, and there are no smarts in it. It seems to permanently have the camera shutter in Half Press.

I spent most of today trying to get the shot image to be displayed while continuously shooting, but still no luck.
    I have done a series of shots for time laps with both the Canon and Vello intervalometers and they both would display the shot and shot data between shots (assuming there was sufficient time between shots). I have done it on a 7D and 1DX. I always go in and shut off the preview so it would not wear down the battery.

I just tried it on my 7D to make sure I remembered correctly, and it works perfectly. I set it at a 10 second interval and it would take a shot, show a preview for 4 seconds (preview is set to 4 seconds), and then switch to back panel display of the shot settings before taking the next shot.

I assume you do not have preview turned off as one of the stored Cx functions that you are using. I do not know what is going on for you; but I do not think it is a 7D thing... may be a compatibility issue with your remote.

Pat
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    I do not think it is a 7D thing... may be a compatibility issue with your remote.

Pat
    Conropl

Thanks for doing the testing, I understand that an Intervalometer always looks like a single button press while a wired remote needs the continuous shooting to be on to get it to work. So this is the reason why one displays the preview and the other doesn't.

Managed to get a Giga Pro II, (took forever to arrive) and tried it out over the weekend. So far I'm impressed, certainly has a lot of options to explore so with some more fireworks events coming up should be interesting to see what I do produce.

Thanks everybody for your advice.
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss