Thread: Hello! New Member!

Wink Hello! New Member!

Hey guys!

New member that just wanted to introduce myself. I actually used this web site a couple years ago in search for a nice starter DSLR but never realized there was a forums. When i was in search for my first Lens i also came back for the reviews and all the lenses and yet again failed to realized this place had a forum! I've had my DSLR for a couple of years now but been busy and haven't had the opportunity to really get into it much. But I am defiantly getting into it more and more these years and learning the hard way more and more. My gear right now includes:

Cannon T3i
    cannon 50mm f1.8
    cannon 10-22mm f3.5-f4.5.

Benro A2970F tripod and a Giottos Ball Head

I am into landscape photography and have been lucky enough to find my self some time to go on hikes in New York for some scenic shots.

I have a couple photos i'd like to post but i am not sure whats the best site to load them and share them here, currently I have them on facebook. Any recommendations?

A lot of people use Flickr. It's free. They have a 'share' button that will give you "BB Code", which the correct format for this most online forums, which makes it pretty easy.

On Flickr, when viewing your image, click Share (it's the stylized arrow pointing right), Select BBCode (not HTML or Link), choose a width (I think these forums at 900 wide), copy the text, and paste it here. To see the image before posting, then click "Go Advanced", or if you're already on the advanced page, click "Preview Post" to refresh.

edit: Oh, and welcome to TDP's forums. Took me a while to notice they existed too!
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

LIC Red Chair by yishingliu, on Flickr

Howard Beach by yishingliu, on Flickr

DUMBO at night by yishingliu, on Flickr

Reflecting Lights by yishingliu, on Flickr

NYC Night Lights by yishingliu, on Flickr

These are a couple of my really early shots of places in NYC. Thanks for the advise about Flickr they actually make it really easy to share images online! Ill try to post more of my photos here and hope to join in on the weekly assignments!

Welcome to the forum! Looks like you have a good eye for landscapes.

Yii...too bad you missed us those other times.....

Welcome to the forum. You've got some great subject matter there. Look forward to seeing more...

Thank you guys I enjoy taking landscape a lot and i've been itching to get into capturing the milky way and stars upstate NY. And kayaker72 I am lucky enough to live in NYC so i get some great sky lines at night and bridges around the city, I am planning on getting another night shot of the White Stone bridge for a possible forum assignment