Thread: Canon vs Metz, or other flashes

Canon vs Metz, or other flashes

Anyone have experience in "other than Canon" flashes?

I've read about some of Metz's features: USB connection to update firmware, no batteries necessary in flash to use external power pack, nice automatic option, etc.

Thanks

Re: Canon vs Metz, or other flashes

Is there anyone out there who has used the Metz 58 or 48 AF-1?

<span style="font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"]I do not have any experience with a Metz. When I purchased my forst digital in 2005, Canon XT, I purchased a Sigma. It was very inconsistent. I returned it and got a 580EX. I have been very happy with it.<o></o>

<span style="font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"]Check out the flash recommendations on http://www.shootsmarter.com/. <o></o>

<span style="font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"]Mark<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"]<span style="line-height: 115%; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt;"]<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"]<span style="line-height: 115%; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt;"]<o></o>
    Mark

I ordered the Metz Mecablitz 48 AF-1 yesterday.

The final determining factor was having the 7 degree tilt-down for macro at that price point (on top of the rest of the reviews, write-ups, and comparisons, etc.)

Also it's called the MECABLITZ!!!