Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Image of the Week #7

2015 Image of the Week #7

Welcome to TDP forum's "Image of the Week" competition. Each week photographers may submit their images to compete for the title of "Image of the Week." Weekly winners will then compete on a monthly, quarterly and finally in an annual poll for the title of "TDP Image of the Year."

There will be only one weekly winner.

• This entry period for Week 6 will be from Monday February 9nd through/including Sunday February 15th.
    • Please supply a title for your image.
    • This is an open competition for landscape, portrait, architectural, macro and any other appropriate photographic style.
    • Images should have been either recently taken or processed.
    • Enter as many times as you would like.

This week will be judged by Kayaker72.

Good luck!!
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 02-12-2015 at 11:14 AM.

Another Tuscany Landscape!

This place is right behind a church in the middle of Grassina, a little town in south of Florence.

Tuscany, Landscape
    by Andrea Magnelli, on Flickr
    Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Jamsus

I have been consciously trying to capture more sunsets and landscapes this year. So far I have been pretty lucky.

"Sky Painting"

"Thrust"

bluesoarNEW2 by jerrytech1, on Flickr

This was shortly after my other entry.

"Sky Painting Vertical"

I'm too late for the 'Minimized Color' assignment, so I'll share this photo here. In the worst possible light, you can still get a pretty cool shot. I used my G7X and set exposure compensation to +1.

"Vanishing Act"
    Name:  IMG_0198-2.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  81.3 KB

Light Blaster Session: No. 9 by budrowilson, on Flickr

The interesting thing about this shot is that it was captured in-camera. Yes, I did some post on it (increased clarity to make the projected scene more recognizable on the background), but for the most part, it's just as captured by the camera. While I think that some of the double exposures turned out better, this one ended up being one of my favorites. The form of the woman is recognizable, but the features that really catch your eye are the details in the projected slide. And the fact that there is continuity with the elements in the background (though the details are less discernable) make it all the more interesting, imo.

There is a lot to like about each of this past weeks entries:
    • "Tuscany, Landscape." exceptionally well layered landscape shot with varied lighting and lines that all seem to fit together.
    • "Sky Painting" and "Sky Painting-Vertical." Great colors, great lines with both interest in the frozen pond and sky.
    • "Thrust." I know how hard it is to capture a small BIF. Great wing position that just makes the blue bird seem like it is shooting through the air.....I also like the berries in the background. Nice scene.
    • "Vanishing Act." Talk about making you feel like you are there. Low visability, the cold dampness of fog as you watch the chair in front of you disappear.
    • "Light Blaster: Session #9" Some really creative work with a style that I have not seen before. Both "images" work but here they interact as the model also serves as the canvas for the blasted image.

So the typical questions I ask myself when judging, beyond which I like the best are, "Would someone put this on their wall?" and "How well do I think this image would do in the next round of the competition?"

I can see several if not all of those mounted on a wall, but having to choose one, I am going with jamsus "Tuscany, Landscape."

Congratulations!

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good choice! I like the effective use of a vertical format, and the pathway in the middle really makes the shot.