Thread: Dpp 4

Dpp 4

Is DPP 4 not compatible with older cameras like my 1DsIII?
    Canon will not let me download it unless I have a serial # from a newer camera
    Mark

Mark,

There was that issue with DPP 4. You had to have a current body. But I thought it was fixed with a recent release. Are you sure you have the latest version of DPP 4?

But, somewhat amazingly, the 1DsIII is not on this list.

I also found this quote: "At launch, DPP 4.0 is compatible with Canon’s current range of full-frame DSLRs, including the EOS-1D X, EOS-1D C, EOS 5D Mark III and EOS 6D. For other models, an update of DPP 3.14 will be released."

That was one of our gripes with DPP 4 when it first came out - it wasn't compatible with older (discontinued) bodies. Canon has since added several cameras to the compatibility list, but it's still not compatible with all of them (like DPP 3.x is).

For what it's worth, I still don't use DPP 4 even though my two primary bodies are supported. I found it to be way too buggy in my initial testing. I'm sure it's gotten better since the last update, but I still won't trust it for serious work. Later, I'm sure I will - but not at the moment.

DPP 3.x is still my go-to batch editing program. If I want more functionality, I switch to Lightroom 4.