Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 70d?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    All Canon cameras have a high-ISO noise reduction option that records with the shutter closed for as long as it recorded with the shutter open, and subtracts the sensor-specific read noise from the actual image data. It's not that it's taking 30 seconds to process the image, it's that it takes 30 seconds to re-create 30 seconds worth of noise.

edit: I'm going to edit... perhaps not *all* Canon cameras have this option. Many do. Perhaps all, but I don't know for sure.
    You're describing long exposure noise reduction (LENR), which is different than high ISO NR. It's an important distinction since LENR affects RAW image capture, whereas high ISO NR and most other settings do not.

For sports, wildlife, portraits and macro...consider a 7D (version 1)....there are "blow out" prices right now because they are selling out old inventory. I think B&H had them for $850

Thanks Neuro. That is what I meant, The fact that it's a feature, and not a processing problem remains true.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

70d?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    Thanks Neuro. That is what I meant, The fact that it's a feature, and not a processing problem remains true.
    True. Highlights the pitfalls of the plethora of 'reviewers' on the Internet.

Are the video capabilities identical between the 6D and the 70D?

Quote Originally Posted by shutterdown View Post
    Are the video capabilities identical between the 6D and the 70D?
    No. For openers, the 70D has DPAF and thus can autofocus during video shooting.

Zach
    lol I was going to make a thread like this too jerry. :P

look like we both had the same idea for our next camera, but i'm having second thoughts about the 70D now, will be looking at the 6D and 7D more

UPDATE: I decided to go with a used 7D. I got one in very good shape from B&H. I will post my "review" with sample images in the coming weeks. Thanks everyone for your input. Greatly appreciated.