Thread: Looking to upgrade

Zach

Looking to upgrade

hey guys i'm looking to upgrade my post software, right now I have Adobe photoshop elements 11, one reason i'm looking to upgrade is because elements 11 doesn't support my T5's RAW files and I would like to start shooting in raw format.

my budget is $200.

need some advice!

That's almost 2 yrs worth of Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom at $9.99/month.
    Mark - Flickr

there is always canons digital photo professional that comes free with your camera. that leaves you with 200$ beer money lol.
    Stuart Edwards
    1DX Mark II , 6D , Samyang 14mm f2.8 ,Sigma 85mm f1.4A , 24-105mm f/4L IS , 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II ,100-400 f5.6L II , 300mm f/2.8L II , EF 1.4x III , EF 2x III, 430EX II

If you need the high-ISO noise reduction that Adobe has (far better than anything else I've tried), then you know you want Adobe.
    From there, you can
    a) Pay full price for Elements ($99), wait for a sale ($50-$75)
    b) Pay full price for Lightroom 5 Standalone ($150)
    c) Rent Lightroom 5 + PhotoshopCC ($9.99/mo, 1 year commitment)

Considering Elements and Lightroom both update yearly, and you can get Full Photoshop and Lightroom for just a bit more, option c makes sense for a lot of people. If you tend to skip 2 or 3 versions at a time, then standalone makes more sense. If you don't do much editing after RAW conversion, go Lightroom. If you edit, go Photoshop.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Zach,

I use Lightroom for the vast majority of photo editing. I'd highly recommend it.

Dave

Light Room is the way to go IMO.

Lightroom - either Standalone or CC whatever works best for you. It has a lot to learn, but is worth it. I use Lightroom
    Let No One Walk Alone
    --------------
    Bill

I think Canon DPP does an excellent job at RAW conversion and basic editing functions but you have no access to the advanced features of Photoshop like layering and masking (among many others)

I have exclusively used Photoshop for editing, it has the capability to do everything.

I currently subscribe to Photoshop CC. Learning curve is steep but well worth it.

Zach
    wow! lots of reply's

this might be tougher than I thought!

Using CC- Lightroom - for Raw processing and cataloging and just last couple of months started learning Photoshop - for image adjustments.
    $9.99/month great deal

Another option OnOne - had good experiences with their suite as well. And it is significantly more budget friendly.