These are some images from one of my first paid photo shoots (third I think). It was for a girl that does bridal alterations.

I was doing free work for friends mostly last year to build some confidence, but now I feel pretty good enough about my work to charge (although still only working with people I know). This was my first time doing a shoot that was almost entirely strobe-lit (not sure that's right terminology, but in the past I have pretty much done all outside, natural light shooting). These are not my final edits...just the preview images I posted on facebook, but I would love some feedback anyway.

I was pretty happy with how the lighting turned out. I used 2 600EX-RTs (not all of the images used both) along with a Westcott Rapidbox 26" and a couple different sized shoot through umbrellas. I'd usually shoot portraits with my 70-200, but the space was too tight so I mostly used the 24-70.

I still feel super awkward trying to pose people which is why I am still avoiding working with people I don't already know.

_H8A6143 by sambisu, on Flickr
_H8A6166-Edit by sambisu, on Flickr
_H8A6233 by sambisu, on Flickr
_H8A6237 by sambisu, on Flickr
_H8A6348 by sambisu, on Flickr
_H8A6378 by sambisu, on Flickr
_H8A6399 by sambisu, on Flickr
_H8A6438 by sambisu, on Flickr
_H8A6448 by sambisu, on Flickr
_H8A6468 by sambisu, on Flickr
_H8A6478 by sambisu, on Flickr
_H8A6524 by sambisu, on Flickr