Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glacier National Park here we come

I have a job that requires flying every week - so we going to burn the frequent flyer miles and fly up, then rent a car.

Not sure if we are going to get to Bear Tooth it is 5-7 hours from Glacier - will likely hit it next time.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Glacier is amazing! Triple Divide Pass and Dawson Pass were two of our favorite spots. Avalanche Creek is easy to get to and very cool too. But you really can't go wrong anywhere there.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sambisu/

5DIII, T2i, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L II, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, 600EX-RT x2

If goats are your mission be sure to take the trip up to Logan Pass (I recommend the free shuttle). From behind the visitor center is the trail to hidden lake. There is a bit of elevation to conquer, but it's a boardwalk all the way to the lookout. Your chances of spotting a goat up close are good, and there may even be some sheep in the area. It probably goes without saying that the scenery is also spectacular.

Thanks everyone - Patrick is that a waterfall in the background of the goat? I have been studying the google earth, etc and I suspect we will encounter "Vista Fatigue" by the time we leave.

I noticed today that during our stay the full moon is 7/2 pretty much the middle - so not to many star shots, BUT, moon shots might be in the offing.

I looked into renting a 5DsR but at a bit over $500 for the time period.... IF it would come in time. I suspect there are many in front of me in the pre-order rental line.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

More seasonal runoff than waterfall. There is normally snow in that location well into summer, and a nice rock fall near the trail for it to cascade down when it melts.