Thread: Just a site access comment.

Just a site access comment.

I imagine most frequent users have a direct bookmark to the forums.
    My link takes me to the-digital-picture.com homepage, so I noticed the change a while back in the site navigation menu.

It does not affect me, but today I was thinking it would make it hard for people not familiar with the site to find the forums.
    With the forums link buried in the drop down menu new visitors may not even be aware that there are forums. Just a suggestion but consider placing the forums in the regular navigation bar again.

Cheers.

I have my link to the homepage too, so I can see the news feed. I figured it was done to try to avoid spam-bots from finding the forum, but it's certainly not a human visitor friendly solution.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Thanks for the feedback Kombi & David. One of the challenges with complying with responsive design principles was the size of the menu bar and how it adjusted on a small browser viewport. The implemented solution includes a menu icon that provides access to the balance of the previous menu items (including the forums and galleries). It seems that the menu icon (very common on the mobile platform) may not be the best solution overall. I'll have to give that more thought.

Thanks again,

Bryan

Although now similar in approach to Nat Geo`s site, it is more cumbersome to find and approach.