Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "The photographer with the better gear will take the better images" - Opinions?

Re: "The photographer with the better gear will take the better images" - Opinions?

Tbigger,

Not to add insult to injury but this post as well as debate is old hat.

I read both articles and neither does anything to help me be a better photographer.

This kind of stuff, IMHO is a complete waste of time. Entertaining, yes, otherwise ACWOT!!

Take Care,

Chuck

Re: "The photographer with the better gear will take the better images" - Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by wickerprints
    Photography is only peripherally about the tools--the real purpose is to capture your vision, your interpretation of what you see in those fleeting moments happening around you all the time, moments that will never come again.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Quote Originally Posted by T Bigger

Sorry Jarhead I'm still learning the ins &amp; outs of computer use. Thanks for the update.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

No biggie, you can just copy and past the url info like this: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/cameras-matter.shtmlor make a hyperlink using the little chain link icon on the tool bar like thisby hilighting the word and clicking on the little chain thing.
    T3i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 430ex (x2), 580ex
    13.3" MacBook Pro (late '11 model) w/8GB Ram & 1TB HD, Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 9

Thanks for the good word Keith! I need to remind myself of this each time I (amateur dslr on a tight budget) shoot....otherwise yes, I fall into the trap that I always need to upgrade...

<blockquote>
    <div>Keith B:</div>
    <div>

Use what you got, get good with it. Develop a style and just be you.

People will seek out your style, not your gear.
    <div></div>
    <div></div>

</div>
    </blockquote>