Thread: Lenses for 5DS, etc.

Lenses for 5DS, etc.

Canon posted that list of lenses for the 5DS.

Here's the list I would suggest: the lenses we personally own.

Lenses APS-C shooters like (because they can resolve the extra detail), minus the ones with bad corners (which APS-C users don't see).
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

I suspect this is more to cover themselves and, gosh , maybe help them sell lenses, if anything else. If someone where to throw an old lens on and only see marginal improvements, they may complain and Canon can just point to the list. My guess is that these lenses (with a few omissions) you will definitely see an improvement. Other lenses...maybe less so.

There may be a slight bias in the list. No mention of any other lens manufacturers. The time has come to end this form of prejudice.

For reference:

While looking over the CR thread referencing our post (which I do occasionally to find out how much traction our posts are getting over there), I noticed that a couple of people questioned the integrity of the post.

I just wanted to make it clear to our friends here where the information came from:
    http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/...nded_lenses.do

Bryan and I discussed qualifying the post by including the source within the text, but considering that the Canon Europe-oriented site specifically said, "Canon has released its official list of recommended lenses to use with the high-resolution EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R cameras...," we didn't feel it was absolutely necessary.

But as you can plainly see, the list didn't appear out of thin air (and of course, no one here indicated they suspected that to be the case). :-)