Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera Straps

Thanks everyone.

Pat: Looks like a reasonable strap. Is it just connected by quick-release buckles? Have they held up well to the weight of a pro camera kit? I agree with your opinion of the canon straps being torture, but they serve a purpose for very short term use. For anything longer I swear by my black rapid.

Peety: Sure, I actually think right-side down would be preferable to upside down.

Mike: The strap (and easy off connectors) is actually what started me looking into this. How did you find the Peak Design products? I almost bought one of their plate connectors (not sure what they are called) with the intention of attaching it to a backpack strap for quick access to the camera when hiking, but decided against it since the black rapid works OK with a backpack as long as you put the BR on after the pack.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by NFLD Stephen View Post
    Thanks everyone.

Pat: Looks like a reasonable strap. Is it just connected by quick-release buckles? Have they held up well to the weight of a pro camera kit? I agree with your opinion of the canon straps being torture, but they serve a purpose for very short term use. For anything longer I swear by my black rapid.

Stephen
    I agree with you... I also use the BR Strap most of the time, but it is nice not to have a neck strap some times just for the convenience and to keep the camera in front of you when you are squeezed in with others (including soccer, football, basketball, and hockey games).

I have had my strap for some time now. I used it for years with my 7D and have had it on my 1D X for about 2 years now and have never had a problem. The cloth attached to the neoprene has peeled back a little, but nothing that I notice when wearing it. The feel on your neck is like night and day difference when compared to the canon strap. Also, get a couple of there card holders that strap to the strap... they are quit handy.

It is connected by just the buckles. If you are nervous about that (I have been, but got over it), then there are safety tethers out there.

Pat
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr