Thread: Something wrong with my canon 7D

Something wrong with my canon 7D

Ive been getting dead pixels on my images. Posting on instagram wont bother me much cause u cant zoom in anyways. But it does bother me as i know theres something wrong with my dslr. I wonder what is the problem and what do i need to know before sending it for servicing.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Dead pixels are part of life with digital photography. Best Do it yourself fix I am aware of is to engage the manual cleaning feature which locks the mirror up. During this process you camera will "remap" the dead pixels and hopefully turn them off. Sometimes I've had to do this a couple of times to get the pixels.

That did not always work for all of them on my 7D. It helped though. The thing that worked the best was opening my shots in Lightroom. The software eliminated all of them when I opened the file. It turned out the easiest way to deal with it. Otherwise cleaning them up manually in post processing was way to much of a pain.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

I have hot pixels on my 7d also. They really only show up in exposures longer than 30 seconds. I have remapped the sensor about 10 times and it minimized the amount significantly but there are still a few remaining. If you import into Lightroom or arc, software does a pretty good job of recognizing it and pretty much takes care of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, software way was the best solution for me!
    Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Jamsus