Thread: Windows 10

Windows 10

Curious if anyone else has done the 'upgrade'

I am now having trouble reading CF cards. I have the Lexar Dual (sd+CF) USB 3 reader. the sd cards still read but no luck with the CF cards Lexar professional 1000x and 1066x

Has anyone else had issues?

SOLVED: Update- I played with some settings in disk Management - assigned a drive letter to both the sd card and CF card. It now works... or at least has worked once
    Last edited by Kombi; 08-30-2015 at 06:46 PM.

My work laptop qualifies for a free Windows 10 upgrade but....considering how much I value everything working as expected, I've yet to take the plunge.

For what it's worth, we skipped Windows 8 entirely (I always detested that OS when I was forced to use it).

Just purchased a new Dell laptop and upgraded before I did anything w/ it. I have been able to read CF and SD using a USB 3.0 reader. FWIIW
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

I did the upgrade yesterday.
    Start up time went from a few seconds to minutes, from what I have read this is common.
    I had to update the GeForce video drivers myself on each.
    Both had 8.1, I like the view of 10.
    So far it feels like every other windows upgrade, it eats up more resources than it's worth. This is a problem if you have an old computer.
    The upgrade is free since the machines are so new. I have a 30 day period to revert.

I upgraded my windows 7 laptop about two weeks ago. It was pretty easy. I have had no issues and speed seems about the same. I think I do like it a little bit better than windows 8 I have on my laptop. The only thing I do not like is advertisements for windows office, etc.. pop up. I guess that's the cost of the free upgrade. Anyone know how I can turn this off?
    Mark

I upgraded three systems and have not had a single issue. This includes my system I set aside strictly for photography where I do all my processing using CC. All has been working fine. Mind you, I don't find anything impressive in Win10 so I see no reason to upgrade other than Microsoft will eventually phase out all older operating systems.

Win10 is actually a step backward to Win7 to accommodate those who didn't appreciate the "Start" page over the "Start" menu. Other than that it is simply just another operating system and nothing to get excited about other than the fact it will mess up some users as most new operating systems do.

Oh, by the way - you do want to go into the settings and shut of all the Microsoft privacy and advertisement nonsense they have added.
    Let No One Walk Alone
    --------------
    Bill

Update- I played with some settings in disk Management - assigned a drive letter to both the sd card and CF card. It now works... or at least has worked once

It's working great for me so far. IMO, it's much better than Windows 8.1.
    --