Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st 5DSR multi shot stitch attempt

In flickr, I you can upload full res, and view it full size. It is one of the settings in the account. Personally, I set it to limit the size of the image people can see when viewing, and that is only to limit picture thieves from getting a full res image (I have had my pictures show up on an advertising / articles). If you want people to have access to the original file to show it full res, you can change the settings as follows:

Under Your Account Settings, go to the tab: Privacy & Permissions

Click edit on the "Who can access your original image files?" line, and you will get to the following page:

Access to your original image files and other sizes

This setting applies to your whole photostream, except items you've licensed with Creative Commons(because doing that means you're okay with people using them).
    Please note: Some cameras including camera phones include information about your camera settings, camera type, location and other information in the original file. If you don't want this to be available to people you should restrict who can download your originals.
    This setting lets you choose who can see your original image files.
    Enabling this setting also places deterrents to discourage downloading of your other sizes. (And we really do mean "discourage". Please understand that if a photo can be viewed in a web browser, it can be downloaded.)
    Who should be able to access your original image files and other sizes without deterrents?

_ Only you
    _ Your friends and family
    _ People you follow
    _ Any Flickr member
    _ Anyone (Recommended)

5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

I will upload it in the morning
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

I changed the setting, not sure what the max file size the full size jpg is 422 meg..... most certainly is beyond their file size limits .

The others though are available to you

Their limit is generous, but yeah, you're over. 200 MB per photo, no more than 31.25x wider than tall (and yet, no limit on taller than wide).

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15628.html
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Found that after I tried - I will crop down to the right half (most the waterfalls are there) and post over the weekend.

I posted a frame of the waterfall on the right full jpg size. Hope this helps

So here is the right hand side 25k x 8k pixels file size is 185 meg right at the Flickr Limit. The "optimal size" calculated by PtGui was 79k x 28 ish, PtGui can only hande 65k wide so I now have this at 65kx20k or so - right at 1.3 gpixels - 101 frames

Heavy Runner and Reynolds Creek by mbarrett5076, on Flickr
    Last edited by Busted Knuckles; 09-06-2015 at 03:57 AM.

It's amazing.

Just as a warning to others, Chrome (on an i7 iMac w/ 24GB or RAM) isn't very happy looking at the full-sized image. After scrolling a bit, it takes about 2 seconds to recover to let me scroll more. This was on Flickr's 'original size' view, but still HTML, not just viewing the JPG. Not sure if it's Chrome having issues, or the Mac (Mac tends to force color profile use on developers, and it may be reprocessing the entire thing each time I scroll).
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Thanks.
    I have yet to wander through much of the image. There are plenty of spots I have yet to really look and see what is going on. One quest I am on for kicks and giggles is how many waterfalls and then what would be the path to get to them. I don't consider this photo to be all that arty/high integrity vs just a proof of concept/practice.

I have learned tons about planning, focus (paying attention type), focus (lens type), technique & execution, software, geometry of projection and other stuff on the panoramas I did at Glacier. My first attempt at large"er" scale stuff.

As I mentioned earlier, my idea is to create some sort of wall sized photo that I can get close to and exam when I need to take a break from work/email/etc. Sort of a visual happy place away from the computer (& emails that make you want to throw things...)

I hope all enjoy it and give them a desire to try something similar.

Holy Crapola! What a pano!!! Beautiful photo!!! Then the photo geek in me kicks in and I cannot believe the detail you can pull from that file.