Thread: 1st 5DSR multi shot stitch attempt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's amazing.

Just as a warning to others, Chrome (on an i7 iMac w/ 24GB or RAM) isn't very happy looking at the full-sized image. After scrolling a bit, it takes about 2 seconds to recover to let me scroll more. This was on Flickr's 'original size' view, but still HTML, not just viewing the JPG. Not sure if it's Chrome having issues, or the Mac (Mac tends to force color profile use on developers, and it may be reprocessing the entire thing each time I scroll).
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Thanks.
    I have yet to wander through much of the image. There are plenty of spots I have yet to really look and see what is going on. One quest I am on for kicks and giggles is how many waterfalls and then what would be the path to get to them. I don't consider this photo to be all that arty/high integrity vs just a proof of concept/practice.

I have learned tons about planning, focus (paying attention type), focus (lens type), technique & execution, software, geometry of projection and other stuff on the panoramas I did at Glacier. My first attempt at large"er" scale stuff.

As I mentioned earlier, my idea is to create some sort of wall sized photo that I can get close to and exam when I need to take a break from work/email/etc. Sort of a visual happy place away from the computer (& emails that make you want to throw things...)

I hope all enjoy it and give them a desire to try something similar.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911