Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 - Image of the Week #36

"Never Forget"

"Rocky"

Found a new spot.

"Sphinx"

Just shot my first wedding this weekend! Here was one of my personal favorites.

Little Man
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/y2c9nh]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sambisu/

5DIII, T2i, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L II, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, 600EX-RT x2

Some great shots again this week. I'm partial to the butterfly/moth shots, especially Jayson's excellent "Sphinx." Those wings are moving faster than a hummingbird's, yet Jayson captured them in exquisite detail.

That said, Joel's "Never Forget" reaches out to me in so many ways that I have to give it the nod for this week. Did you convert a 5d MkIII to IR, Joel? Or was that done in PP? Either way, the colors are eye grabbing and the composition is excellent. Very much an emotion stirring image. Superb shot. Well done, Joel.
    Mark - Flickr

Zach
    Congrats Joel!

Congrats...very cool shot
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sambisu/

5DIII, T2i, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L II, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, 600EX-RT x2

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    That said, Joel's "Never Forget" reaches out to me in so many ways that I have to give it the nod for this week. Did you convert a 5d MkIII to IR, Joel? Or was that done in PP? Either way, the colors are eye grabbing and the composition is excellent. Very much an emotion stirring image. Superb shot. Well done, Joel.
    thanks.....I rented and then purchased an infrared converted 5DIII from Lensrentals.com. It was a used camera but in really nice condition. In the short time that I have used it I found that the colors can be managed in many ways in post processing. I was going for a sort of glowing golden color that I felt suited this image.

Congrats Joel! Well deserved. Thanks for the compliments Mark. Those buggers are quick.

Not to jack the thread - wonder how the new lens "blue" mgt coating helps/hurts infrared.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911