Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those who wear glasses...question????

For those who wear glasses...question????

How do you best deal with taking pictures? I noticed my glasses kind of "get in the way". Any advice to a person who does not like to wear contacts?

Re: For those who wear glasses...question????

I wear glasses - And my vision isn't terrible, but I find Canon's diopter adjustment the best for my needs.

Try it out - I usually have my 40D set to -3 diopter, and the viewfinder image is crisp and clear. I don't like wearing glasses while shooting - They do get in the way.

I wear contacts but I've seen some reviews of this

http://www.The-Digital-Picture.com/Reviews/Canon-Angle-Finder-C-Review.aspx

and I saw someone say it is a must for those who wear glasses.

I'm going to get it because I like to shoot low wide angle stuff. I could see how it would help with glasses too, albeit a bit pricey though.

I shoot with my glasses on, and both eyes open (right eye to viewfinder). My left eye's focus gets messed up using the camera with it closed, and even with it open (but minimized). If I did not wear my glasses, and had perfect vision through the viewfinder, and a complete blur in my left eye, it would take all day to recover!

I wear glasses almost all the time, though not always needed. And I will never get contacts because I hatehatehate anything going in my eyes.

I tend to put the right side of my face against the camera and use my right eye. My glasses are kinda low profile so they don't bother too much. it may hurt a little if I press to hard against the viewfinder.

I kinda wish they made an viewfinder replacement that's bigger to accommodate glasses...[]

When I'm not shooting liveview, my glasses (for astigmatism, which isn't correctable in Canon viewfinders) get in the way a bit, but I just live with it. In the future I hope that it will become more ergonomic to use liveview.

I always shootwearing mycontacts, however, I need reading glasses for anything within arm's reach. When setting up the diopter (and thus manual focusing), is it preferable not to use my reading glasses? Using my reading glasses while shooting is such a pain. I seem to get better results, but I still have quite a few misses too.

Oh and I am nearsighted w/ +1.75 reading glasses. Is there a diopter I can buy that is +1.75?

I ask because I just picked up the 100mm 2.8 macro (not the L version).

You can only buy correction lenses in integer strength, i.e. -2, -1, +2 and so on. But you can combine that with the built-in correction to get just anything you want.

I can use my glasses OK, together with some slight adjustment of the diopter in the camera. But when I add a correction lens, I can use the built-in adjustment in one direction when I wear my glasses and in the other when I take my glasses off. So I can get it good both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofmayo

I always shootwearing mycontacts, however, I need reading glasses for anything within arm's reach. When setting up the diopter (and thus manual focusing), is it preferable not to use my reading glasses? Using my reading glasses while shooting is such a pain. I seem to get better results, but I still have quite a few misses too.

Oh and I am nearsighted w/ +1.75 reading glasses. Is there a diopter I can buy that is +1.75?

I ask because I just picked up the 100mm 2.8 macro (not the L version).
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I am by no means a doctor, but I don't think reading glass prescriptions translate to nearsightedness. Looking on Wikipedia, it seems that reading glasses are for hyperopia (farsightedness) and/or presbyopia (inability to focus on objects close to the eye). Might want to ask your eye doctor about photography and how it applies to your glasses choices.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

i have glasses for distance. you know i didnt even think about it when i upgraded from point and shoot to SLR. and i did have a very short moment of panic. lol.

first thing i did was decided which was more comfortable i.e. view through the glasses or not...

i decided not to use my glasses (just nudge them down a little and take the shot). then i was lucky enough that the "kit" diopter could be adjusted to my eyes by tweaking it till the focus aids where in-focus... if that makes sense ;-)