• Minerve101: Old Mission Penisula

2 11.11%
  • Joel Eade: Race Horses

3 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOW VOTING--Assignment #78: Homeland

NOW VOTING--Assignment #78: Homeland

Now Voting- Assignment #78: Homeland

Show us where you are from, either currently or originally. Show us your areas character in terms of architecture, landscape, people or culture. This assignment meant to be wide open in terms of content, but specific in terms of giving us an idea about your Homeland.

The Finalists:

Jamsus "Palazzo Vecchio"

Rationale: Great framing and representation of the old architecture of Italy.

Minerve101 "Old Mission Pennisula"

Rationale: Great colors with the added benefit of the localized storm front contrasted against the nicer weather. But I really selected this as it tells me a story of what this area looks like from the rolling terrain, foliage, lakes, but also with the vineyard.

Joel Eade "Race Horses"

Rationale--- Horse racing in Kentucky. Pretty much defines a characteristic of the region with a great photo.

The poll will be open for 5 days. Good luck!
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 12-09-2015 at 07:21 PM.

The place where I grow up as an adolescent or as an adult is Florence. There I meet most of my friends and there i developed almost all of my musical, artistical and culinary preferences that i'm carrying with me now. Yes, Florence is a nice place to stay as a young guy.

"Palazzo Vecchio"

Florence by Night
    by Andrea Magnelli, su Flickr

But my origins are from the inland of Tuscany, from Romita and Tavarnelle, or the hills of Chianti, close to San Casciano Val di Pesa and Bargino. There i grow up as a kid before starting to live my adolescent life closer to Florence. And this is from the inland of Tuscany, another place very close to my origins.

"Origins"

Origins
    by Andrea Magnelli, su Flickr
    Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Jamsus

Old Mission Peninsula, Michagan USA

This peninsula is near Traverse City, Michigan. For some years our summer home was about 2 miles from the site this photo was taken. My main residence is a suburb of Detroit, Michigan.

The precipitation on the left is a lake-effect snow squall coming off Lake Michigan.

Old Mission Peninsula by Danny Watson, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Minerve101 View Post
    This peninsula is near Traverse City, Michigan. For some years our summer home was about 2 miles from the site this photo was taken. My main residence is a suburb of Detroit, Michigan.

The precipitation on the left is a lake-effect snow squall coming off Lake Michigan.

[r
    I grew up just outside of Rochester
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Hello Busted!

Rochester is a lovely town. I hope to get some shots of the holiday lights of Rochester this year; maybe in time for this assignment.

I had "assigned" myself to get some fall foliage pictures from Traverse City, but that was before this assignment was posted.

Danny

I like the idea of having a recent shot for this assignment. I went out today for a walk in the neighbourhood, with my trusty G7X. We had a nice bit of snow over the last couple days, as you can tell. This spot is right next to the road that leads to our house, and is popular for weddings. In fact the last wedding here was just a few weeks ago... somehow I don't think there will be another one for a while. Nobody here now but the friendly deer.

The Uptown Theater

Birmingham, Michigan has been my hometown for 25 years. Although it is a suburb of the Motor City (Detroit), downtown Birmingham has always been a place to get out of the car and walk. Along with many new buildings are some classics like this theater.

The Uptown by Danny Watson, on Flickr
    Last edited by Minerve101; 11-12-2015 at 02:17 AM.

SW Ontario. Grew up on a farm, spent a lot of time walking rivers waving a stick, playing in the Great Lakes, hiking the Escarpment towards Georgian Bay, still do.

One from September of the abandoned grain elevator in Collingwood.
    Name:  20150919_0126.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  122.9 KB

And one from what may be the last trip to this waterfall before the snow comes and fills the valley with a rather ridiculous amount of snow.

Name:  Falls Trip.jpg
Views: 1746
Size:  183.2 KB
    Last edited by jrw; 11-11-2015 at 01:33 AM.

Entry period closes this weekend!

I grew up in MA, but have lived here in the corn for the past 14 years. Silos are the common thread in this area. Everything revolves around the storage of corn.

Mark - Flickr