Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip to Sedona, Arizona...

Trip to Sedona, Arizona...

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a good camera shop in Sedona? I'm heading there at the end of May and will be there for 6 days. I was hoping that perhaps a shop there offered rentals so I don't have to lug all my gear there.

I know that there are so many beautiful things to shoot there but does anyone have a Must Shoot list for me so I don't miss anything?

I'd like to go shoot The Wave outside Page, Arizona but I think it's off limits.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

[]

Re: Trip to Sedona, Arizona...

Your best bet would be Tempe Camera, in Tempe AZ. They offer pretty much anything you could want.

Thanks for that...

Tempe is a ways away from Sedona, unless you can make a 3 hour detour. There is a camera shop, Rollies Camera, in Sedona. Seem like nice fellas there, but I have only been in there once and didn't buy or rent anything. You can call and ask if they rent. Good luck.

I don't know that the wave is off limits, or that you just have to buy a permit to go in. There may be a waiting list of 6 months to a year as well, but that might just be to camp. You might be able to get a day pass on shorter notice. Again, good luck.

I too would be interested in a Must Shoot list for Sedona. In my case, if you could only have 1 day where would it be best spent.

Ask around for the chapel, I forgot the name its like 5 minutes away from sedona going south i believe, it is really nice.

I forget the name too, but I think I know the one you mean. This picture does not do it justice, but it's the one I took when I was there.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.93.5d+first+10000/chapel.jpg[/img]

This is the view *from* the chapel. Um, cool house, no?

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.93.5d+first+10000/cool-house.jpg[/img]

Thank you Stephen, yes indeed, it's a little out of my way... I'll check out Rollies... Thanks for the tip on the Wave, I'll do some research..

Cheers...

Thanks John,

Great pics, can't wait to see those wonderful colours...

The scenery that is on anyone's short this of things to photograph while in Sedona always include Cathedral Rock, and Bell Rock and the Church of the Holy Cross. Make sure you take a drive up Schnebly Hill Rd. taking pictures along the way and at the summit. Also drive to Red Rock Crossing along Upper Red Rock Loop Rd. A drive up Oak Creek Canyon will provide many photographic opportunities, but not much in the way of red rocks.

If you are arriving through Phoenix, then Tempe Camera is definitely the place to go to rent photo equipment. It is about a ten minute drive from the airport.

Good luck and enjoy AZ.