Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a discreet camera bag...

Looking for a discreet camera bag...

Hi,

You'd think this would be easy... Suggestions would be most welcome... I am looking for a discreet (and therefore less stealable) looking camera shoulder bag to house my normal walkaround gear. I would like to house a Canon 50D with a an attached 24-105 F4L lens (Don't ask how i arrived at that particular combination, it is a long story involving breakages and free replacements - albeit it is a system that now works nicely for me [])

That bit is easy, but i also want to keep my 70-200 F4L zoom in it at the same time -Not attached though.

On looks, the Lowepro Classfied 140AW looks good - especially with the toploading -but cannot tell if it would fit these 2 items (Photos and dimensions don't make it obvious). The alternative looks like the Nova 170AW, but does look more "camera" obvious. Has anyone tried anything like this combination?

I have been looking at Lowepro as i have had repeated good experience with them, but am not tied to them so could easily go for another make...

Re: Looking for a discreet camera bag...

Maybe you need to look at a not so known "camera" brand bag? Lowepro to me says " Look, I have a camera inside" and the larger the bag, the more expensive the gear is..

I use Lowepro bags and they are great but I keep them very close to me at all times..

[]

What I use are Lowpro camera and lens cases. Whenever I am out anywhere, they all go inside a non-descript backpack. Take them out when I am out in the field and put them away after the shoot is over. It keeps everything "low profile" but protects it all.

You might want to try one of Crumpler's bags. Their Million Dollar Home series is fairly popular and doesn't look like a camera bag.

My daughter uses a Canon backpack that appears pretty non-descript. You might even consider a regular school backpack with some added padding (even bubble wrap around the interior).

Look at Think Tank Photo's Urban Disguise series.

Think Tank's bags are very well made. However, you might want to look at KATA bags on B&H and Adorama. I got my KATA bag back when they had an instant rebate on it (which made it a price I couldn't pass up). The model I have isn't top loading, but I'm sure they have something along the lines that you need--and they'rereasonably priced.

Sorry, been away for a few days...

Thanks for alll the inputs, i had a look pretty much all of the suggestions. The crumpler was goo, but not quite deep enough. In the end i went for the Think Tank bag. It arrived this morning and i must sa i am well pleased with it. Not a "camera" design - materials are a bit "camera bag" bug this is perfect for what i am looking for.

Thanks very much for all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by quattrophinia

Maybe you need to look at a not so known "camera" brand bag?
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Maybe a 'manpurse'?

Big canvas shopping bag, and put a bunch of 'chick' stuff all over the top, well-used lipstick that's kind of smeary, old smelly sandwich, dirty beach towel, etc. That'll keep people out.

You should try a bag from http://cloakbags.com

I just bought one and it works perfect. Small and totally discreet. You don't even need to take the camera out of the bag to take pictures. Unreal that nobody thought of this before now. I don't know if it will fit your camera or not but you should check it out because it is an "adjustable" size bag - - you can actually change the length depending on what lens you have on your camera.