Thread: Me as a whole

Zach

Me as a whole

Hi everyone and happy new year to y'all, i'm going off for a bit and thought i'd make this now and see the results when I return in a few months, most everyone here has seen some of my shots this year and i'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are on me as a whole (photography wise)

I want all of you to critique me, tell me what you think I need to work on or to improve, don't leave anything out, let me have it!!!

take your time since i'll be gone for awhile, below is a link to my flickr photostream so you can give that a look at my shots.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/zachar...n_photography/

take care everyone and looking forward to your reply's

Hey Zach - Happy New Year to you too!
    I think you've been developing a great style. You have a talent for identifying an interesting subject in an otherwise complex enviroment, and isolating it to create fine pieces of photographic art. Your "a 19" photo is a great example of that. I think the point of photography is to shoot what you like the most, and challenge yourself creatively while keeping it enjoyable. You seem to be doing very well at that, so my only advice is to keep it up!
    I hope you don't take too long a hiatus from this site, because I've enjoyed your contributions. See you back here soon!

I think you're coming into your own, Zach. You're doing very well, especially for being relatively new to the hobby.

I agree with Jonathan that you've developed your own personal style.

Dave

I've been wanting to get to this, and finally have some time this morning.

I think you've developed a nice collection of photos. You pick subjects and make your compositions well, sometimes using negative/empty space, but usually filling the frame and really isolating your images. You have a typical subject matter, tending to focus on animal portraits/close up/macro photography/lights at night. You have developed a certain style which I like, emphasizing blacks/clarity with your shots where you are approaching a "low key" feel.

You are a good examples of something I admire, which is making the most of your gear. There are a couple people that have been in and out of the forum that have a few pieces of equipment (sometimes high end, sometimes not), but really do good work with those pieces and illustrate how you do not need every piece of gear out there to take really good photos. Of course, while I admire that trait, I tend to be a bit of a gear nut myself . But it is a lesson I have learned, not trying to get every shot, just try to get the ones you want.

I would think that you could keep doing what you are doing especially if you want to develop a specific style and niche. If you are looking to grow, one thought in where to start would be trying a few images where your subject is less isolated. You can still have specific subjects, but maybe work with your fore/background and try to tie the subject into the scene around it.

But, overall, I have enjoyed your contributions to the forum. You see things differently that I do, and that is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    But, overall, I have enjoyed your contributions to the forum. You see things differently that I do, and that is interesting.
    One thing I like quite a bit about this site is that everyone tends to have their own style and vision.

Dave