Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 - Image of the Week #5

"Winter's Breath" (an infra-red image of our home after the recent snow storm)

I spent last week in Dubai together with my wife and a couple of friends. We mainly did typical tourist things, for example we visited the tallest building on earth - Burj Khalifa. This is one of the keepers from there.

Dubai City Lights by cls-70, on Flickr

If I was judging, I would pick Joel's infrared pic of his home. It's a tough call though - the Dubai pic is nice too.
    Last edited by wsmith96; 02-03-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Wesley, don't sell yourself short.

I have been going round and round in my head about a couple of the photos and think I have finally come down to my decision.

First of all, my favorites from this round are Dubai, Sean's SP, the beautiful GBH, and This is the one. All of them are beautiful crafted and planned out. There are a couple of things missing from each one that would have made them stand out the most in my opinion, so I am giving my nod for the week to "This is the one" by Mr. Smith. Sports is very difficult to get right and he has captured all of the elements I have always looked for in a sport photo. Action, eyes, expression, and most importantly the ball. There is enough room on the right for the movement of the photo that it caught my attention from the start.

I must say, the other three mentioned were beautiful photos and I wouldn't hesitate to put Dubai and the GBH on my wall. Sorry Sean, but I'm not sure you would want to be on my wall. I think with Dubai, a little more PP and that photo would really pop. The GBH, I think the light coming through on the trees was beautiful, but could have used a little bit more light on the GBH. My eyes kept being draw to the empty space behind and the light on the trees. Sean, I think the only thing that maybe would make your photo better would be a little more negative space on the right.

Great images this week everyone!

Congrats to wsmith96!!!

Congrats to the winner! Also, nice work on the judging, Jayson ...definitely a tough round to judge but you brought out some good points.