Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Next Generation of FF Bodies

Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post
    Here the 1Dx is selling for just over $5k while the mark II is listed at $8k. Is it just me or is that a rather steep increase for what amounts to small increments of improvement for use as a still camera?
    Are the video improvements enough to justify the increase for those applications? Are the video specs that much better than what Sony and Black Magic offer, amongst others, to more than double the price tag?
    My 7D II is dedicated to video now. One of my complaints with the 7D II is that it didn't have the touch screen to focus with. Using the toggle is a pain in the rear when you are trying to focus on something. It is faster than the older models with live view AF but still not ideal. In other words to me the 7D II is almost where it needs to be to be comfortable to use, but still not quite there.

The 1Dx II looks like it might finally make it to that plain. The point where I feel like video is comfortable with a DSLR.

This includes not only video but live view as well.

Is it worth spending more than those other bodies for video, maybe not if video is your only thing. If you are into video that much wouldn't you be looking at one of the Cinema cameras instead of world class stills camera?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't HD video about 2 megapixels, and 4k about 8 megapixels? Assuming so, are the video people upgrading cameras merely for features? Wouldn't lower-resolution sensors do better for video, as the excess resolution is either thrown away via scanning or averaged into the down-scaling somehow?
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.