Thread: Little issues with my 5 DS r

Little issues with my 5 DS r

I have run into some "funny" issues with this new wonderful body.

The tamron's 24-70 lens went to firmware update, since it is not focusing in live view, firmware update should fix this.

Now i realised, that my trusty old Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM is actually having this same issue. It actually focuses...after some 20 seconds of more trying but usually totally wrong spot.

I am going to get that lens checked, if the AF is working or not, but was just wondering, that does anybody of you out there happend to have this same combo and have you run into this kind of issues.

The canon 14/f1.4 II works fine so atleast i have now 1 lens to go out and do some testing with the new body.

Regards,
    Kari

We hadn't heard of specific third-party lens focus issues while using the 5Ds / 5Ds R (until now), but it doesn't surprise me. I'm a huge fan of Sigma's Art series (and own 3 of them), which is why I'm glad I can update their firmware – if needed – at home via the USB Dock.

Let me know how well the Tamron works in Live View after you get it back.

Will do. Also contacted local sigma distributor about my 150-500 and waiting for their answer. I am starting to think that the af itself is broken on that lens.

Hoping that i get to find solution for it...otherwise i need to start finding something decent used tele to replace it for my bird photoing trips...

Got tamron back today and did some quick testing with it and now the live view focusing work very well. I hope i have weather and time on weekend to go and test more outdoors. But definetly the update was needeed.

Got myself used sigma 120-300 sports and it also needeed to be updated via usb dock before camera body actually wanted to work with it. We tested the lens on shop with 5d mark III and it worked nicely. Seems that 5 DSr is little bit picky on sigmas and apparently with tamron also when it comes to the lenses software.

In this case only thing body noticed was that the lens is f/2.8 nothing else worked before update.