Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gimbal Head Advice

Thank you, Joel for helping me see my error!! I re-attached it tonight paying careful attention that I really had those nubs firmly placed against the back of the foot and so far the plate is not working it's way loose like it was! I had it close before apparently not as snug against it as it needs to be.

Thanks again, Joel! Gosh, that is why I have always loved this place ...always so helpful even down to the littlest things!

A product called Friction Tape may also be rather useful especially for plates without nubs. Putting some on the plate before mounting to the lens will make a dramatic difference. Available from various industrial suppliers, woodworking suppliers, and some building supply stores.

Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post
    A product called Friction Tape may also be rather useful especially for plates without nubs. Putting some on the plate before mounting to the lens will make a dramatic difference. Available from various industrial suppliers, woodworking suppliers, and some building supply stores.
    If this doesn't end up staying put on a regular use basis, I will have to check that tape out. Thanks for the suggestion!