Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weird question regarding camera getting it very wrong

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    There is one option getting overlooked.

The old old school method. It is time.
    I can't find the time slider in Photoshop. Which tab is it under?
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    I can't find the time slider in Photoshop. Which tab is it under?
    It is there if you can find it. The longer you look for it the more effect it will have. It progresses very slowly. For every 1 minute of time you slide it forward it takes 1 minute to update. It is a 1 to 1 conversion.

A little update on the ETTR and blinkies - the blinkies are a jpg conversion of the raw, typically you can get a bit more out of the raw file than the jpg conversion.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Thanks for the advice so far, really appreciated.

Yes, the Cokin are fairly lower quality, but I actually didn't have them with me at the time or I would have tried.

In regards to Lee etc I would love to buy the holder but in AU that kind of stuff is very expensive. The Lee holder (yes, just the holder) is actually over the price of a full set of Cokin's here.

Well if we are going to talk 'old school' shall we mention the possibilities for capturing that image on B&W film after carefully spot metering and then adjusting the development time to make the most of the possibilities for shifting the shadow values up to where we want them to be? Every now and then that extra step of developing the negative in the middle of the process with film made so much more possible than many folks realize. And it was perfectly acceptable for focus to be a little soft and for there to be grain in our prints! Would that be considered heresy now?

Quote Originally Posted by Squidy View Post
    In regards to Lee etc I would love to buy the holder but in AU that kind of stuff is very expensive. The Lee holder (yes, just the holder) is actually over the price of a full set of Cokin's here.
    If you'd have said something before, I could have bought the LEE here and brought it to AU for you...I'm headed there soon.

Stephen