Thread: Wimberley mistake or am I missing something?

Wimberley mistake or am I missing something?

If you read the other thread, you know I received my sidekick today. I also ordered the P-30 lens plate that Wimberley recommended on the chart on their site for the Sigma 150-600mm C lens used with a sidekick. I only have a P-20 which I can use for my 50-150mm.

Well, Wimberley included their catalog in the box with the sidekick and on that chart it recommends the P-50 for the 150-600mm C with the sidekick!

I want to be safe and use what I should be using since my best gear is going to be hanging from it but the P-50 seems like more than what I would need. I'm debating whether to return the P-30 when it comes on Friday. Any suggestions on which Wimberley recommendation I should go with? Maybe I should go with the P-40 and call it a day!

I emailed them but have not received a response yet.

You say you have the P20 already. Try putting it on to see how close it comes to the balance point. If it doesn't quite get to where it needs to be then the extra length of the P30 just might do the trick. If the P30 still isn't long enough to do the job then it is time to consider returning it and getting a longer one.
    I must confess to being in the school of "Let's try it and see what happens!"