Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Return on Sales

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    So it's a 15-step program?
    My wife would already tell you that I'm a commitment-phobe, but no, I'm not going to commit to it only being a 15-step program. Aside from the softboxes, I have four "hard reflectors" and dropped some serious coin on the 11" Fresnel modifier (and it works exactly as described: a hard light with soft shadows.)
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by jamsus View Post
    My name is Andrea, and actually i got no problems of that type!

Stick by 2 years with my 60D (and i love her!) + 18-135 IS STM (i also love him!), 35f2 & 100-400 L Mark II (my true love) - but i'm always keeping an eye open for something in the air.

When i sold my old equipment i got back pretty 70-80% of the original price each time, with a bit of luck!

I'm keeping an eye open for 7d \ 7d Mark II
    It's best to keep it that way! Enjoy shooting, you're getting great results.

Dave

Used to do a bunch of buy and sell on local used gear through Kijiji to try out different gear and make a few bucks in the process. Due to a slump in resale turnover rates, and a drop in market prices, I stopped doing this last spring. By shopping wisely my resell value ran around 110% of purchase.
    On items purchased new I used to do well starting at 80% of list price. This has not been working well of late. Prices on local used market are way down right now. Lightly used 1Dx in mint condition selling for around $3000 lately in Toronto area. 7D for less than $600.
    Needless to say I seldom buy anything new anymore preferring to wait for a much better price to come my way. Even picked up a nearly new 5DsR for around 70% of the retail price before sales tax.
    Last edited by jrw; 03-18-2016 at 02:27 AM.

I've typically used CL to sell my gear, but I'm in one of those mid-level markets that is tough to get what I would consider a fair price. Plenty of people wanting a steal or for me to ship to their brother's father-in-law's son in jail in Nigeria. Houston is an hour away from me so I should post over there, but I'm concerned about travel with no sale at the end. So for now a lot of my gear sits on the shelf and collects dust. The biggest disappointment for me will be my 17-55 which I bought new when they were $$$$. Most of my other gear I've bought from Canon's refurb page. So far no issues with any of that gear and you can get a great price on equipment with a warranty if you are patient.

Over here in Australia I can usually only get back 40-50% of my outlay. Tried selling a 70-200 F2.8 which is $1790 new and the highest offer I got was $750

This makes me a sad, yet very photographic, panda