Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 - Image of the Week #13

2016 - Image of the Week #13

Welcome to TDP forum's "Image of the Week" competition. Each week photographers may submit their images to compete for the title of "Image of the Week." Weekly winners will then compete on a monthly, quarterly and finally in an annual poll for the title of "TDP Image of the Year."

• There will be only one weekly winner.
    • This entry period for Week 13 will be from Monday March 21st through/including Sunday March 27th.
    • Please supply a title for your image.
    • This is an open competition for landscape, portrait, architectural, macro and any other appropriate photographic style.
    • Images should have been either recently taken or processed.
    • Enter as many times as you would like.

This week will be judged by conropl
    Good luck!!
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 03-21-2016 at 02:22 PM.

"Seek & Hide"

Seek & Hide
    by Andrea Magnelli, su Flickr
    Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Jamsus

Sorting through lots of images lately. Getting caught up on editing and doing some printing. From a forgotten folder and edited tonight.

Fall Colours
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140112_0205 (1).jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	2540

Luna

Luna by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

First night of spring

My Neighbor: Multiple Exposure by Sean Setters, on Flickr

In-camera multiple exposure with color, saturation, vibrance, clarity and levels adjusted in PS.

Sean:
    Was the composite done completely in camera (short of the adjustments to color, exposure, sat, etc.)?
    I've tried a few multi exposures in camera, but nothing that turned out this good.

Pat
    Last edited by conropl; 03-22-2016 at 12:02 PM.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    Sean:
    Was the composite done completely in camera (short of the adjustments to color, exposure, sat, etc.)?Pat
    Yes. However, I did adjust clarity in ACR as well (I had forgotten about that one but I just added it to my post).

Both shots were taken late in the afternoon with an overcast (but still quite bright) sky. The images were taken successively with the camera set to in-camera multiple exposure. For the first image I framed the young boy's head so that the sky was the background. I used 1 1/3+ exposure compensation on the profile shot to completely blow out the background. This also had the added benefit of brightening the boy's face (he was pointed toward the brightest part of the sky where the sun was). For the second image I reduced the exposure compensation to +2/3 thinking that this would give me a decent blown out sky while retaining the details in the limbs. However, that proved to be too much exposure compensation. I imported the combined multiple exposure (RAW) into ACR and adjusted a few sliders before adjusting levels in PS CC. I also cropped the image very slightly to center the subject in the frame.

"Synchronized"

IMG_0299 by Wesley Smith, on Flickr

Not my best work, but was a fun perspective to the dive meet my daughter was in. I had an opportunity to peek through the glass underwater and it was tough to get a good shot. Basically, I couldn't hear the divers so I was randomly surprised by the divers entering the water. Shot with a 60D and 70-200 lens @f/2.8 and heavily cropped in lightroom. I thought this shot was the best as both divers ended up in the same position under water.

"Anticipation"

IMG_0355 by Wesley Smith, on Flickr

Okay, this one is better

I named this "anticipation" because of the expression on my daughters face. Sometimes I get lucky and can catch 'levitation' shots like this one
    Last edited by wsmith96; 03-23-2016 at 05:30 AM.