Thread: Stockholm - Bergen - Oslo

Stockholm - Bergen - Oslo

other than picturesque cityscapes, where to go, what to do. Taking the train from Stockholm to Bergen and then to Oslo.

Bergen and the fjords are pretty nifty - my look at the terrain points that Sweden got a lot of the farm land that Norway didn't. Looks like lots of rolling hills with bogs, lakes and mild rivers.

Anything suggestions on the "must sees"

Thanks

Mike
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Nothing constructive to add here other than to say I'm a bit jealous. We were looking at the possibility of going to Bergen this fall, but we've decided it's not going to happen this year and are looking at going to Florida instead. Maybe you can give me some pointers on Bergen for next year....

Have a good trip!
    Stephen

That sounds like a fun ride!
    I have been to Norway and Sweden a few times now, but never by train. When me and my girlfriend were in Bergen a few years back, Lars, a member of this forum, showed us around. He lives nearby and was able and willing to guide us around Bergen for a day. A very interesting and enjoyable experience. Unfortunately we had a rainy day, so it wasn't as good looking as it would be with better wether I suppose.
    Anyway it's a nice small city with interesting culture and a nice crowd. Not crowded Enough photo-opportunities in a 3 mile radius. The view from the top should be good as well(although no experience due to low hanging clouds)

Anyway enjoy! If you're looking for a travel-companion I'm more than willing to tag along

Quote Originally Posted by NFLD Stephen View Post
    Nothing constructive to add here other than to say I'm a bit jealous. We were looking at the possibility of going to Bergen this fall, but we've decided it's not going to happen this year and are looking at going to Florida instead. Maybe you can give me some pointers on Bergen for next year....

Have a good trip!
    Stephen
    Let me know when you are coming to FL - I am always looking for an excuse to birding at one of the refuges. Merritt Island if 1st class. there are a couple others too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    That sounds like a fun ride!
    I have been to Norway and Sweden a few times now, but never by train. When me and my girlfriend were in Bergen a few years back, Lars, a member of this forum, showed us around. He lives nearby and was able and willing to guide us around Bergen for a day. A very interesting and enjoyable experience. Unfortunately we had a rainy day, so it wasn't as good looking as it would be with better wether I suppose.
    Anyway it's a nice small city with interesting culture and a nice crowd. Not crowded Enough photo-opportunities in a 3 mile radius. The view from the top should be good as well(although no experience due to low hanging clouds)

Anyway enjoy! If you're looking for a travel-companion I'm more than willing to tag along
    Want to do some of this multi shot panos now that I have both the gear and a use.