Thread: Lighting Suggestions for Daughters Wedding

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    One really good online resource for wedding and portrait photography with on and off camera flash is Neil van Niekirk's Tangents blog on his website http://neilvn.com/
    He does run through some practical approaches to getting the flash/ambient balance that you want. Once you start to grasp the concepts there is no substitute for going out with your camera and flash to practice. Have fun with it!

Thanks all!!!
    I will be looking into the flash bender... I do like the idea of that. I have to start digging into speedlights, and see what direction to go there. I think I like the idea of packing speed lights easier that moon lights, but I still want to get a moon light or two some day also.

Sean - Have you used the small soft box on the flash bender?

Thanks Joel for the pocket wizzard model numbers... that helps. I was thinking Einstien lights for a lighting system... it sounds like I was on the right track there.

Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post
    One really good online resource for wedding and portrait photography with on and off camera flash is Neil van Niekirk's Tangents blog on his website http://neilvn.com/
    He does run through some practical approaches to getting the flash/ambient balance that you want. Once you start to grasp the concepts there is no substitute for going out with your camera and flash to practice. Have fun with it!
    Thanks for the link... I agree on the practice. I have a lot of time to learn (wedding is a year away), but that is why I bring it up now. I want to get the hardware and practice. I won't get a chance for redo's, so I need to get better and get it to be more second nature before next July.

Again... thank you all.

Is a flash bracket worth it? My daughter is a light skinned blond that tends to get red eye. I thought the bracket would help with the red eye. Any suggestions on the hundreds of brackets out there, or is it a waste? If I get one, I was tinking of a flippable bracket to use it in both portrait and landscape orientaion.

Pat
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr