Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin View Post
Pat,

If out of line I apologize, but if reasonably possible I'd suggest you not photograph your daughter's wedding given you have a much bigger role as father of the bride.

I'm not a father so I can't fully relate, but if I had a daughter who was getting married I'd want the traditional role in the wedding.

If you do proceed as the photographer I wish you the best.

Dave
I don't think I will be taking pictures to much during the wedding, but I do want to get some nice photos afterward. A few descret shots during the ceremony shouldn't be to taxing. It is going to be a small wedding with family and close freinds. We will see how it goes, but I am no wedding photography, and I have no intention of taking it that far. The camera is not going to take over and keep me from enjoying myself, and I definitely have no intention of keeping her from having a happy and memorable day.

Beyond the wedding (which I am very happy about), I see this as an opportunity to learn a new aspect of photography that I don't currently do very often (portraits), and hopefully come away with a handful of decent shots.

No worries.

Pat

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk